Josh Burmeister serves as President of BUR Commercial based in Birmingham, Alabama. While specializing in retail services, Mr. Burmeister has completed over $1 Billion in transactions during his real estate career. With 21 years of experience, he is responsible for the company’s strategic growth in the southeast region focusing primarily on Tenant Representation, Project Leasing, and Development opportunities for private and institutional clients.
Executive Vice President | Retail Brokerage Lead
- Responsible for JLL’s retail efforts in Alabama, Mississippi and the Florida Panhandle
- Received Top Retail Brokerage Transaction Award in 2014
SRS Real Estate Partners (Formerly Staubach Retail Services)
Senior Vice President | Market Lead
- Responsible for the Mobile, AL office and Co-Leader of the Birmingham, AL office
- Oversaw a third-party leasing portfolio of approximately Eight Million square feet.
- Received the Top Producer Award from 2006 -2013 with a #2 national ranking in 2013.
- McGowin Park – Represented Hutton in the acquisition of 82- acres in Mobile, AL and oversaw leasing for 650,000 sf regional power center anchored by Costco, Dick’s Sporting Goods, Field & Stream, Best Buy, Old Navy, Ross, HomeGoods, Petco and Hobby Lobby.
- Burton Property Group – Completed over $150M in transactions and responsible for leasing the BPG retail portfolio.
- Target – Site Acquisitions for six Target stores in Alabama and Mississippi
- Cypress Equities – Land acquisition and leasing for 250-acre development anchored by Bass Pro Shops, JCPenney, and Kohls in Spanish Fort, AL.
- Virginia College – Six locations across US totaling approximately 350,000 square feet
- Dick’s Sporting Goods – Tenant Representation for stores located in Hattiesburg and Columbus, MS
- Build-To-Suit development projects for Academy Sports, Hobby Lobby, T-Mobile, Big Lots, Newk’s Eatery and Gander Mountain.
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS
- BS in Business Administration from Auburn University – 1997
- Member of the International Council of Shopping Centers